- 1 Are Renault Clios French?
- 2 Where are Renault Clios built?
- 3 Why did Renault build the Clio V6?
- 4 What does Clio mean in French?
- 5 Is Renault Clio a woman’s car?
- 6 Are Renault Clios reliable?
- 7 Who owns Renault?
- 8 What is the top of the range Renault Clio?
- 9 What is the best small car to buy?
- 10 Is a Renault Clio a good first car?
- 11 How many Clio V6 were made?
Are Renault Clios French?
The Renault Clio is a supermini car (B-segment), produced by French automobile manufacturer Renault. It was launched in 1990, and entered its fifth generation in 2019.
Where are Renault Clios built?
When it comes to the automotive industry, it is always instructive to see what is going on behind the scenes. So we went to the Flins plant (Yvelines, France) in order to witness the main stages in the manufacturing process of New Clio.
Why did Renault build the Clio V6?
Though the idea of the mid-engined Clio V6 was borne out of the Clio V6 Trophy Series – itself created to promote the then second-gen hatch – the road-going car used an engine derived from … a Laguna.
What does Clio mean in French?
Clionoun. The Muse of history and heroic poetry. Etymology: From the kleein, (to make famous, celebrate)
Is Renault Clio a woman’s car?
4. Renault Megane – 45 out of 1,000 matches. Weirdly the Megane has the opposite effect that its baby brother, the Clio, does on women. Yet more proof that size doesn’t matter.
Are Renault Clios reliable?
The Clio appears to be pretty reliable, and it’s one of the safest superminis on sale. The latest Clio is the safest yet – it achieved a full five stars when tested by industry body Euro NCAP, with impressive adult, child and assistance ratings of 96%, 89% and 75% respectively.
Who owns Renault?
Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance: Renault, Nissan, Infiniti, Dacia, Datsun, Samsung Renault, Lada, Mitsubishi. Hyundai Motor Group: Hyundai, KIA.
What is the top of the range Renault Clio?
Topping the petrol range is Renault’s TCe 130 unit. It’s a turbocharged 1.3-litre four-cylinder engine, with 124bhp and 240Nm of torque – enough, says Renault for a 0–62mph time of nine seconds flat. It’s also only available with a seven-speed automatic gearbox and offers fuel economy figures of up to 49.6mpg.
What is the best small car to buy?
Here our experts name the top 10 best small cars you can currently buy.
- Volkswagen Polo. The Volkswagen Polo is one of those small cars that’s just really good at everything.
- Peugeot 208.
- Hyundai i10.
- Mini 5-door hatch.
- Seat Ibiza.
- Ford Fiesta.
- Dacia Sandero.
- Audi A1 sportback.
Is a Renault Clio a good first car?
Renault Clio Taking home the Parkers Award for ‘Best First Car’ means the Clio gets top billing on this list – simply put, we think it’s the best small car you can buy at the moment. The Clio’s success story begins with its good looks. That carries over to the inside, where all Clios get an up-to-date dash design.
How many Clio V6 were made?
Jeremy Clarkson once referred to the Clio V6 as one of his top 10 cars. There were 1,309 production cars built in total between 2003 and 2005.