- 1 Why do new cars not have a spare wheel?
- 2 How do you release the spare wheel on a Renault Master?
- 3 Does Renault Captur have a spare wheel?
- 4 Where is the spare TYRE on a Renault Twingo?
- 5 Can you sell a car without a spare tyre?
- 6 Can you call the AA for a flat tyre?
- 7 What can I use if I don’t have a spare tire?
Why do new cars not have a spare wheel?
Over the past decade, more and more car manufacturers have ditched conventional spare wheels for tyre repair kits. They cite two main reasons for this: repair kits take up less space and are lighter, thus aiding fuel economy. But there’s a third reason: cost. The rest are fitted with run-flat tyres.
How do you release the spare wheel on a Renault Master?
To remove the emergency spare wheel
- – Insert the end of the unlocking key 3 extended (depending on the vehicle) by the hexagonal extension piece 5 and the wheelbrace 6 in location 1 or 4 (the use of other tools could damage the mechanism);
- – unclip the component 2 on the wheel rim;
Does Renault Captur have a spare wheel?
You should also know that in the eyes of the law it is not not compulsory to have a spare wheel on your Renault Captur. Nevertheless, we strongly advise to equip yourself with it in order to avoid a difficult situation.
Where is the spare TYRE on a Renault Twingo?
As a rule, you will find it under the trunk, accessible from inside the boot, or otherwise accessible from outside by unscrewing the clips in the boot of your Renault Twingo 3.
Can you sell a car without a spare tyre?
Any car sold by a dealer must be roadworthy, as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory qualify. They can’t legally sell a car fitted with tyres that aren’t in good condition and don’t meet the legal limit.
Can you call the AA for a flat tyre?
Members can opt to wait for a third-party roadside tyre replacement service, which the AA will contact. You can then drive yourself to a tyre fitter, where the AA will reclaim the spare wheel or arrange to have it sent back to one of its depots.
What can I use if I don’t have a spare tire?
What to Do If Your Car Doesn’t Have a Spare Tire
- Buy a new or used wheel and tire.
- Install run-flat tires on your car.
- Emergency tire kits.
- Call a roadside service.