- 1 Is Renault Clio reliable?
- 2 Is Renault Clio 2017 reliable?
- 3 Are Renault Clios good second hand cars?
- 4 Do Renault Clio hold their value?
- 5 What goes wrong with Renault Clio?
- 6 Are Renaults expensive to repair?
- 7 What causes Renault Clio not to start?
- 8 How often should you change the timing belt on a Renault Clio?
- 9 What is the most reliable small car?
- 10 Is Renault Clio a woman’s car?
- 11 Is a Renault Clio a good first car?
- 12 What used cars NOT to buy?
- 13 What is the best Renault Clio engine?
- 14 Is Renault Clio Dynamique a good car?
Is Renault Clio reliable?
The Clio appears to be pretty reliable, and it’s one of the safest superminis on sale. The latest Clio is the safest yet – it achieved a full five stars when tested by industry body Euro NCAP, with impressive adult, child and assistance ratings of 96%, 89% and 75% respectively.
Is Renault Clio 2017 reliable?
Renault Clio reliability It didn’t feature in our 2018 survey, but the Renault Clio was rated poorly for reliability in our 2017 Driver Power owner satisfaction survey of cars currently on sale in the UK. Of the owners who responded, 13.3% reported experiencing a problem with their car at least once.
Are Renault Clios good second hand cars?
Why buy a used Clio? Renaults are considered to be excellent all-rounders, and the Clio is no exception. They offer a mix of superior drive, reliable engines and an excellent safety rating, and so it’s easy to see why the Clio has remained such a popular choice among all drivers.
Do Renault Clio hold their value?
There’s no two ways about it – the Clio doesn’t hold its value very well on the used market. This is partly due to Renault’s lingering reputation for making somewhat fragile and unreliable cars and partly due to the fact that the Clio isn’t considered as prestigious or desirable as a Volkswagen Polo.
What goes wrong with Renault Clio?
The Clio has been recalled twice over possible issues with how protectors on the brake hoses were fitted. In the worse case scenario this could result in wear to the hoses that causes fluid to leak, ultimately reducing braking performance (you’ll also see a warning light on the dash).
Are Renaults expensive to repair?
Renaults, Skodas, Fiats and Fords rank among the cheapest cars to repair, according to a new survey. For the majority of drivers, how much they can trust that car to get them from A to B is most important.
What causes Renault Clio not to start?
The most common causes that hinders normal starting operation of your Renault Clio are dead key fob battery, dead 12v battery, corrosion on battery terminals, bad alternator, clogged fuel filter, broken starter, blown fuse, empty gas tank, immobilizer error or any fault in the electrical system.
How often should you change the timing belt on a Renault Clio?
Renault recommends a belt change every 100,000km for all models up to 1999, and every 120,000km for all later models, or for low mileages.
What is the most reliable small car?
Most reliable small cars to buy 2020
- Volvo XC40 – 98.00% Model: Mk1 (2018-present)
- Toyota Yaris – 96.07% Model: Mk4 (2011-2019)
- SEAT Arona – 95.88% Model: Mk1 (2017-present)
- Kia Picanto – 94.90% Model: Mk3 (2017-present)
- Hyundai Kona – 94.75% Model: Mk1 (2018-present)
- Lexus UX – 94.73%
- Kia Rio – 94.47%
- Kia Niro – 94.45%
Is Renault Clio a woman’s car?
4. Renault Megane – 45 out of 1,000 matches. Weirdly the Megane has the opposite effect that its baby brother, the Clio, does on women. Yet more proof that size doesn’t matter.
Is a Renault Clio a good first car?
Renault Clio Taking home the Parkers Award for ‘Best First Car’ means the Clio gets top billing on this list – simply put, we think it’s the best small car you can buy at the moment. The Clio’s success story begins with its good looks. That carries over to the inside, where all Clios get an up-to-date dash design.
What used cars NOT to buy?
30 Used Cars Consumer Reports Gave the ‘Never Buy’ Label
- Chrysler Town & Country. Chrysler’s new minivan will hopefully rate better than Town & Country.
- BMW X5. 2012 BMW X5 | BMW.
- Ford Fiesta. Compact cars by Ford had a bad run between 2011 and 2014 | Ford.
- Ram 1500.
- Volkswagen Jetta.
- Cadillac Escalade.
- Audi Q7.
- Fiat 500.
What is the best Renault Clio engine?
The tiny 0.9-litre three-cylinder TCe 90 is generally a strong performer. In congested city driving it’s responsive enough to nip in and out of gaps in traffic, and if you plan to spend most of your time taking the Clio on short journeys, the TCe is perfect.
Is Renault Clio Dynamique a good car?
The Clio is very quiet for a car in this segment with very little wind, engine or road noise at sensible speeds. This contributes greatly to comfort levels as does the ride quality, which is of a very good standard. Seat comfort is also good, both for front and rear passengers.