- 1 Why are vans so easy to break into?
- 2 How do you break into a van?
- 3 Is a Renault Trafic the same as a Vauxhall Vivaro?
- 4 How do I protect my van from thieves?
- 5 Can you break into a van with deadlocks?
- 6 Are vans easy to break into?
- 7 Which van is most secure?
- 8 Who can I call to unlock my car door for free?
- 9 How can you tell if someone tried to break into your car?
- 10 How many miles will a Renault Trafic do?
- 11 Is the Renault Trafic a good van?
- 12 What engine is in my Renault Trafic?
- 13 How can I make my van more secure?
- 14 What do thieves do with stolen vans?
- 15 What is a Slamlock?
Why are vans so easy to break into?
The much-used ‘peel and steal’ method is at an all-time high and is one of the main reasons that van break-ins are on the rise. Intruders use their knees to apply pressure to the vans side doors, before pulling open from the top and creating a lasting bend in the door.
How do you break into a van?
Bending your shoes to help break them in
- Take the toe of the shoe in your left hand and the heel in your right and hold firmly.
- Slowly bend the shoe inwards pressing the two ends towards each other until you feel resistance – this will help the soles adapt to the arches of your feet.
- Repeat steps with the opposite shoe.
Is a Renault Trafic the same as a Vauxhall Vivaro?
Vauxhall Vivaro & Renault Trafic – What’s the difference? Put simply, the older Renault Trafic is in fact the model on which the Vivaro is based, so the two were once closely linked. The Trafic has been made by the French manufacturer since 1980, and until 2018 was actually marketed as the Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro.
How do I protect my van from thieves?
The basic steps you can take to help prevent vehicle theft
- Always lock your van when it’s unattended.
- Be careful not to advertise what might be inside your van.
- Don’t leave behind valuables or any signs of them.
- Remove expensive tools and equipment from your vans.
- Keep your keys out of reach and sight.
Can you break into a van with deadlocks?
Deadlocks used for vans are a single cylinder, meaning, they will accept a key on the outside and cannot be unlocked from the inside, This also prevents the door being unlocked even if the glass is smashed.
Are vans easy to break into?
The standard door locks on a van are easy for thieves to force. Contractors fall victim to theft every day. Even the very latest vans can be broken into in less than a minute.
Which van is most secure?
Top rated vans for security Some of the top-rated Vans for higher security are the Nissan Primastar, Ford Transit, and VW Caddy just to name a few.
Who can I call to unlock my car door for free?
Dial 911. Safety comes first; so don’t hesitate to call 911 if you think you’re in danger. In many cases, the police can unlock the car’s door. If they can’t, they will probably call a tow truck, which will be on your tab, of course.
How can you tell if someone tried to break into your car?
The Signs of Breaking in – How to Tell If Someone Tried to Steal
- Your car alarm probably went off.
- Scratches on your doors and windows.
- Broken locks or shattered glass.
- Damaged dashboard and steering wheel.
How many miles will a Renault Trafic do?
Renault’s official service schedule states 18,000 miles, but it’s recommend they’re serviced every 12,000 miles.
Is the Renault Trafic a good van?
The Trafic has a really good reputation and a strong reliability record. However, there has been a report of the sliding side door of the Trafic van (that had been ply-lined by the Renault dealer) coming off its channel and ending up in the road.
What engine is in my Renault Trafic?
Powered by a 1.6-litre dCi engine, the Trafic is available with four engines producing 94bhp, 119bhp using a single turbo and 123bhp and 143bhp with a twin-turbo version.
How can I make my van more secure?
Keep your tools safe Wherever you can, take any tools and valuables out of the van when not in use. If you have to keep tools in your van, you could invest in a secure storage box to make sure they’re extra safe. You can get boxes that bolt to the floor for added security.
What do thieves do with stolen vans?
Increasing numbers of top-of-the-range vehicles are being stolen everyday by thieves who simply drive off after bypassing on-board security systems by cleverly hacking into the vehicles’ built-in computer. Most of the vehicles are broken down within hours before being loaded onto containers and shipped overseas.
What is a Slamlock?
A slamlock commercial vehicle lock locks automatically when the door is closed. This is a very useful feature when you are a courier with an armful of packages and you don’t have your hands free to turn the key and lock the door of your van.